It appears you have not yet registered with the CAT Forums. To register please click here...

Featured Photos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Unread 07-15-2017   #1 (permalink)
Newborn

Was7707 is on a distinguished road
Default Kitten using litter box

Hello! I just got a new kitten about a week ago. I got her off of Craigslist and I'm SO glad I did because she was covered in fleas and didn't seem like she came from a great home. Anyways, she is about 9 or 10 weeks old and she is having some trouble with the litter box. She will go to the bathroom directly next to it or around it but not in it. When I am home I try to catch her and put her in it when I see her scratching the floor, but when I'm at work sometimes it's too late. I looked online and they suggested maybe a covered box? Ive also cleaned the carpeting to try to get rid of her scent so she tries to use the litter box. I'm going on vacation in 2 weeks and I have someone coming to watch her and I don't want her going to the bathroom all over the house so if anyone has any tips or suggestions I would appreciate it!! Thank you much.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Sponsored Cat Content
Unread 07-17-2017   #2 (permalink)
Kitten

butterflyH is on a distinguished road

Kittens naturally like to relieve themselves in dirt or sand. If you introduce them to a litter box, they'll gladly go there instead of on your carpet. It is important to find the right box for your kitten and encourage her to use it, but you won’t need to "litter train" a cat in the same way you would house-train a dog. You shouldn’t need to teach your cat what to do with a litter box; instinct will generally take over. You do need to provide an acceptable, accessible litter box.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!

Tags
box , carpet , cat , dog , fleas , great , hey , home , house , kitten , kittens , litter , litter box , litter box problems , new kitten , scratching , suggestions , tips , vacation

Sponsored Cat Links